Pages

Monday 21 March 2011

Under My Bed by Anna

My special place is a bit unusual but it can make a good hiding place (which can be handy at times) and a nice space to be calm and peaceful when we have visitors. I also write my diary under my bed to make it extra secret and read books like Goosebumps, I occasionally phone people there to. You may be wondering how I get under my bed but the simple reason is I have a cabin bed like a bunk bed with only one bed.
I have lots of cushions under my bed and a blue bean bag I also have some soft toys (including a big red mouse and a puppet rabbit) and three sheep skin rugs which have seen better days; there are some tropical animal stickers I stuck to the bed post which are now peeling off because they are about five years old.
 Because I live near to Heathrow airport I always hear the planes overhead. My cousin who wants to be in the R.A.F timed how frequently one passes and the answer is one every two minutes. Other sounds include grating, clanging, chatting, and sizzling because my room is right above the kitchen and dining room. 

I always feel the soft sheep-skin rugs under my bed that are compiled by an army of cushions and soft toys. There is also the bed frame that I swing on which feels slightly rough under my finger tips, and the mattress that is heavy and solid.
So you might still think my special place is unusual but the good thing about it is that it is never going to disappear because I will always have a ‘under my bed’ and that is one of the many things that make it special to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment