Pages

Monday 21 March 2011

Skye's Tree

Whenever I go to my special tree in my garden full of plants, flowers, animals and birds, I know that I can always stay there for the whole day and not do anything but sit there looking at my beautiful forest-like garden, waiting for it to blossom with joy, but when it gets cold we would never go out we would just stay inside and wait for the summer so we can go outside and see how much it has grown. Normally when it turns cold again my dad cut one or two branches off so it doesn’t invade the garden, but if you think about it I think it would be amazing!
Whenever I go there I feel the peeling bark of the trunk and the engravings that we made when we were little with our friends from next door and my sister’s best friend that moved to the Netherlands. So it means a lot to me and my sister.
Whenever we sit by the tree we can almost taste the watermelon, the grapes, the chocolate and the mango that we ate around the tree in the summer with our friends from next door, and the fizzy berry or orange juice that they always offered us.
The way the tree is bent is the way we always see it if it wasn’t we would think that something was wrong, and the one branch that we always used to get up onto it with and the ladder to get onto the wall are all part of my special tree.
The sounds that we hear are amazing the way that the birds sing to each other and the sound of my rabbit rustling in and out of the bamboo that we’ve had all our life and the cars going past and people on their phones as they walk past on the street next to our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment