Pages

Monday 21 March 2011

Grandma's House by Keeley

The White Cliffs of Dover
My special place 
By Keeley
My special place is my Grandma’s garden. My Grandma and my Auntie live in the middle of Folkestone and Dover in a large house with four bedrooms. They have two dogs, Jack and Gizzy. Normally you would think the boy would be the craziest but little old Jack wont hurt a fly, however he does like to chase rabbits! Gizzy is a hyper, crazy little dog (or shall I say big puppy!) but is so caring and kind.  Dover is very different from London and India; it has very little traffic and is very peaceful. My Grandma lives on a very wide hill with only a few cottages and is miles away from even a corner shop! So if you drive to the nearest shop and forget something, you have to travel ages to go and get it. The nearest shop will have to be a farm shop. It has loads of fresh fruit, vegetables, freshly baked cakes and pies and even fresh meat! The best thing about it is the apple juice, it is the best apple juice you will ever taste and will make your tongue jump up like an acrobat! Because it has such wide open space you can have any pet you please! We have the two dogs, three chickens and some small fish in the front garden pond.  The best thing about it is that, even though it is in the countryside it is just a short drive from the beaches in Folkestone and Dover!  
In front of my Grandma’s house there is a small garden but behind it there is a garden nearly as big as a football pitch! It has a bright green layer of grass and loads of flowers as my Grandma likes gardening, and many many plants of fruit and vegetables. We have a cherry tree and lines of strawberries as well as a greenhouse full of surprises.  Those plants smell as fresh as a spring day and are very ideal! From my bedroom you can see a rainbow of flowers and white cotton balls of sheep. There are a forest of trees and leaves blocking the view of the dazzling, blue sea. Behind the garden there is a field of horses and when I was a little girl my Auntie and my Nanny used to take me to stroke them. Their fur was like feathers and the sound of them neighing was like a lullaby to me however their pong made my eyes water and my nose shrivel up and die.
When I am at my Grandma’s house the first thing I do is sit down on the sofa and play with Jack, you have to as he sits next to you. If you move away from him he will put his paw on your leg, hitting you again and again! Gizzy will just lie down on your feet, nuzzling her teddy. When you are properly settled down automatically Gizzy lies down on you for a stroke. She has the softest fur any dog could have.
One of the best things about my Grandma's house is her cooking. She makes all kinds of foods but one of her best is the pork, crackling and rainbow of vegetables, sadly she only makes that on Sundays. L On normal days she cooks normal things like fish and chips, lasagne, wraps etc however they are not like normal foods, they give your taste buds full life!
My special place has everything anyone could imagine. My Grandma is the best cook ever, my Auntie is the craziest auntie in the world, my dad is the best dad ever and I have two mongrels that are like my best friends. The garden is as big as a football pitch, the house like a mansion. That’s why my Grandma’s house is my special place.

No comments:

Post a Comment