Pages

Monday 21 March 2011

North Wales by Maisy

My Favourite place
By Maisy
North Wales:

When holidays arrive in grand carriages, I can feel my heart warming at the thought of going to Wales.  As I stand in the field of the horse that helped teach me to ride, memories come alive. From the moment he was born before me, to the moment he passed away, I remember him with a heart flooding with love…

I drift into a distant land that I find when I am only relaxed. I can hear only the sharp gusts of wind and the soft “neigh” of a horse beside me. The gentle purr of a distant car among the meadows and the muffled whisper of willowing trees. The rich and fragrant scent of the silken air fills my nostrils. I can smell sweet soil scattered with early morning dew that sparkles and glistens in the sunlight.

The lime glazed trees stand portly under the royal, turquoise sky. A delicate blanket of silver frost sweeps over the fields like a giant spider’s web. The emerald, green countryside takes your eyes on holiday.  The plum, branching, knotted heather gets swept at a slanted angle by the powerful wind across the human featured hills. As I stand under the sailor’s blue blanket, I can feel the wind whip my face like an Eskimo to his pack. The warm, puckered lips of an inquisitive horse, scavenging for food in my large coat pocket gives a sense of safety, and a sensation of joy races down my spine. The inquisitive friend (who eventually finds a polo), tickles me like a father his child.

I can taste the country air; it dances across my tongue like a skater on ice, like a break dancer to a crowd, a ballerina to a barre and like an old couple to a waltz. It swims down my throat and settles in my stomach. I can taste life: a ball bouncing with joy, a rubber band stretched with anxiety, all emotions in the world swamp me like a duvet to toddler.
Do you see it now, my favourite place? A world without an end, a land so far away from life that it disappears, a secret place that only those who read this can picture.
Life in my world is perfect and I feel 100% at home. However life cannot always be the way you want it.  That’s why I love my special place.                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment