Pages

Wednesday 16 March 2011

Mimosa's Beach

My special place (beach in Norfolk)
My special place is Wells beach in Norfolk. Every time I go there, I delicately skim the silky sand, with my fingertips, so blinding it is like a sea of gold. When I was small, I used to run across that sand, feeling the wind tickling my ankles and laughing with excitement at the freedom.
As I look ahead, I observe the glistening sea, a friendly dog, panting at my arrival. I used to slowly wade by way through that beast! The piercing, icy water would hit my lungs; but that would not stop me swimming and having a great time!
But the unbeatable aroma of the fresh wind, tickling my senses would hold the experience together; just like cement and bricks, only firmer. I can taste salt on my tongue but licking it off would spoil the moment! I always save that until I got home!
I would always go with my family, my mum, dad, sister and sometimes my Granny. My mum and dad would always be reading behind our heavy wind break! Whereas my sister would probably try and swim but squeal at the cold! I would be exploring behind the sand dunes and beyond, as it was always an adventure for me!
Sometimes my Granny would bring her dogs, Tilly and Daisy.  As normal dogs would do, chasing gulls and barking after other dogs was their favourite habit! But the unexpected thing was they absolutely loved the beach. The minute they set their paws on the golden sand, they would roll around and around until they were out of breath!
Then there is the little cafĂ© next to the car park where you get massive Mr. Whippies and creamy hot chocolate with generous stacks of Marshmallows! I would feel the warmth of the hot chocolate seeping down me, and then as I bit into the soft fluffy marshmallows…. My mouth would be watering like a fountain!
Right next to the cafe, there is a lovely little gift shop, selling shells, buckets, spades, Frisbees, sandals, giant rubber rings, bats, balls and loads more beach related stuff!
There is nothing that displeases me or even gives me a slight sense of boredom on the beach in Norfolk. Everything is just right. That is why it is my special place.
By Mimosa 

No comments:

Post a Comment