Pages

Monday 21 March 2011

Amelia's Swing

My special place

My family and I went to a wedding in the beautiful country side. I was at an early age so I can’t remember where it was In England, my memories only hold that there were many places to explore and the huge tree with a swing. hung on a strong branch.
One morning I decided to go to the tree. I gingerly tiptoed over the lush green grass and made my way to the swing, dodging tiny lilac and honey-coloured   flowers and beige mushrooms. I clambered onto the hazel swing and felt the height of being on top of the steep slope .I could see rolling hills with little dots of lavenders, apple green leaves of trees, the golden ochre of a early autumn oak and the orchard with pears, golden in the morning sun .I Look up and see the olive leaves illuminated by the buttercup sun.
 I smell freshly mown grass ,the dampness of the wood, in the distance I smell tulips and roses from the flower beds which cover the huge grounds .After a while, I begin to notice the faint smell of breakfast .I smell the fresh air of the country side the dew stained leaf sand lush green grass.
   Creak, creak as the swing swings back and forth .the wind gently rustles the leaves it sings a happy song .I hear the clang and clatter of pots and pans but it is muffled through the trees .the loud ‘moos’ of cows and ‘baa’ of sheep echo through the rolling hills .I hear the sound of cars in the distance so far away zooming down long country roads. I swing higher hearing the wind whooshing louder and louder.
I slow down the loud wind turns to a whistle I step down almost tasting the fresh air of the country .The sun has risen far above the horizon I start to realise time must have gone by like a flash as I taste the faint smell of breakfast I look forward to my boiled egg and race across the damp grass .I cross the boundary of my magical world and step into the real one.

No comments:

Post a Comment