Pages

Tuesday 8 March 2011

Caitlin's Park

MY SPECIAL PLACE

My special place is located in a small park under a bridge in Bradford on Avon. I like it because it feels like an underwater world here I can escape from everything, even the hot sun. The water feels cool on my warm skin, and fish nibble on my feet. I can feel my cool breath against my wet, hot chest. Everything is calm.
In my special place I can do many things¸ from fishing with my net to having a nice swim. The fish are like mini mermaids. Occasionally, as a joke, I try to catch a massive fish.  When I was about six, some friendly boys caught one of them and gave it to me. I had asked them how they caught it and they told me a little secret:”If you want to lure the fish you don’t use worms you use bread, they all love bread”. Ever since I have all ways brought bread, AND IT WORKS!                                                               
Last year I went, I caught two baby carp; one was a spotted carp and the other was a silver plated one. I liked them both as much, they were both so different. Then it started to rain. It rained and rained. My family and I ran to a shelter, completely forgetting I was holding a jar with two fish in it. We went to a cream tea shop and had some cream tea; I carefully placed the jar on the table, trying to ensure no harm came to them, when I saw a cat staring at the fish. The people smiled and told us their cat’s name and said that he would not harm them.
 When I go there, I can hear the water lapping against the walls passing all the obstacles in its way, aiming to complete its journey. The fish dart from place to place in their schools I try to reach out to catch them but they are like the water itself refusing to be captured. The green trees keep me in the shade using their green leaves. As I stare into the horizon occasionally fish dart out of the water only for a glimpse like dolphins. Imagine sitting there on a hot summer’s day. The brightness and purity of the sky beams down, like a passageway to heaven.
The wind brushes against my face for a second it makes it feel like marble. I take a deep breath and the sky smells fresh and clean. I let my cold marble skin meet the hot rays of the sun, it feels glorious, the cold stones are soft and smooth covered in algae like a natural cushions.                                            
If only I could share it with you let you feel the hot sun on your skin, the cool air brushing comforting across your face, to let you feel the wonder of my special place.
By Caitlin                 

No comments:

Post a Comment