Pages

Monday 21 March 2011

My Friend's House by Ella

Ella
My friend’s house in the country
A sea of green surrounding my feet. My shoes dampening from the dew, dogs running around gleefully, secret entrances and exits in the trees and bushes covered with flowers, a grave of their recently deceased bunny, Radish -cause of death shaken about by new puppy it had a broken neck and a broken right arm from the elbow (found by me), ducks swimming content with themselves named Eminem and Steve (methinks), big dogs, small dogs, funny dogs, lazy dogs (my dog), the cold breeze biting my face.
 I smell (through my nose) because the Suffolk air has unblocked my nose, but really I can smell the dew from the grass joining together with all the other damp smells, the nice musky smell of old, vintage wine, damp dog adds a nice touch. When I walk in the house a strong smell of new carpet and White Company incense floats around in the arm air.
There is barely a thing apart from the wind flowing from side to side like a child in a bouncy castle playing in slow motion. Inside a calm fire flickers in the fire place gradually growing bigger as  it catches on the wood like lion with its fiery mane catching its prey. When I walk into the kitchen I hear the adults laughing and almost falling off their seats from having a bit too much to drink.
Most of the things I touch in the house are smooth, Mahogany wood. The banisters are a smooth varnished white and the rough carpet brings a homely feel to the house. When I walk to the kitchen the heat is provided by a white Aga. The bed sheets are cold and crisp but I always sleep better in the cold.
I taste the country air and when I run there is a lot of synaesthesia and the cold air battling against me when I run gives a sore throat. It’s hard to explain apart from using the word synaesthesia it’s where you can smell or taste everything you smell or taste. The strongest smell I can taste is the musk from the wine cellar and almost the roast beef. At breakfast I have lovely toast that is crispy on the outside and soft in the inside it has the butter you never get anywhere else apart from hotels, and natural honey from their beehive.

No comments:

Post a Comment