Pages

Tuesday 8 March 2011

Lea Valley Stables by Ashleigh

Lea Valley (horse riding):

I was so excited when I found out that I was going to go horse riding for the first time in my life.

It was about 4 years ago now so I was around the age of seven. It was special because I had never seen a pony up so close before and I had never ridden a pony or horse before.

 I see Hay and horse dung everywhere. Jet black helmets on the tall shelves. Children brushing and grooming their pony’s hair. The chocolate brown saddles shimmer in the sunlight. The paddock is full to the seam with glossy coloured horses and their proud trainers.            

I hear the horses neighing. The ponies eating their breakfast, chomping away, getting ready for their tiring day. People are talking loudly, excitedly. People who have hay fever coughing. The strong smell of horse dung is every where but the hay smells fresh and clean.

 I went over to the stables and chose my pony. I chose a creamy white pony called Spud. He was small but he had a big personality. He was very, very friendly. The trainer told me to plait his hair. I did wonder why he wanted me to plait Spud’s hair; after all he was a boy!

I went and got the chocolate brown saddle off the tall shelf and put it on him. I stroked him before I got on him so he was comfortable with me.

Then I got on him (with the help of the trainer) and started to ride around slowly. After a while, I started to go a little bit faster.

The trainer said that I was quite good at it. I did fall off the pony once. I was quite nervous at first but I became really confident and I started riding on my own.

I was really enjoying it but then my mum said that it was time to go home. I really did not want to go home because it felt like I had just got on the pony (Spud) and even though I just met him; I did not want to leave him. But I had to. When we did eventually leave I went to the gift shop and bought a toy pony just like him. It had a long white mane and creamy coloured fur. I also got a pencil with ponies on and a rubber with a horse on.


I enjoyed it so much and I wish that I could do it again one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment