Pages

Friday 1 April 2011

Tysoe Manor by Violet

My Favourite Place
In the tiny village of Tysoe in Banbury, lies the magnificent Tysoe Manor, home to my mum’s friend, Beverley. We have only ever visited the manor twice, but still have memories I will treasure forever. We first visited in the summer of 2008, the second was Christmas ’09.
One of my most vivid memories of Tysoe, is when we went for the few days before Christmas. The plan was to go up from the 21st-23rd of December, instead we stayed till the 24th. The weather had been awful all week, the snow constantly falling, this meant we had to stay another night, and I know one more night doesn’t sound like much, but that night was one of the most amazing of my life! We all said it was just like a night in the Victorian times. We went to bed with huge bedspreads over our hand-made duvets and we each had a real burning fire in our cosy, warm room.
Tysoe has many features, both inside and out. Inside, there are 13 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, there is a library full of ancient books published in the 1700’s. Outside, there is a large forest inherited by badgers. The house has a huge lawn surrounded by beautiful water features and babbling brooks. In another part of the perfect garden is a heated swimming pool. Another part of the garden is the huge professional tennis courts where they have annual village tournaments .

At Tysoe Manor, we are always moving and doing something. There are lots of exciting activities to get stuck into, whether it be a walk in their forest, or getting in the car and driving to the sables to feed the neighbour’s horses, McTavish and Daffny. There are also more exhilarating activities at the manor, for example, go-karting or swimming.
Whenever at the manor, all my senses begin tingling and buzzing, both the summer and winter are full of spectacular sensations in every part of my body. It could be the sharp winter wind hitting my face at immense force, or the delicate smoothness of chicken feathers. I always enjoy letting myself go into complete over-load with all the glorious senses of the manor.
This place will always be special to me.

By Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment