Pages

Friday 1 April 2011

Finty's Garden

MY GARDEN by FINTY
Click! Goes the garden door as I unlocked the heavy metal lock
Whoosh! Goes the breeze from the outside world
Crunch! Go the chalky pedals under my feet
Puff! GOES the sudden sound of the swishing door behind me
Meow! Scruff! Scruff! GOES the noise behind the heavy steel
I open the door behind me and notice two little munchkins staring back up at me
Large, bulging, marooned eyes surrounded by impenetrable, velvety sea of fur
I welcome the followers with a wave of my now pale hand
I hear the trickle of footsteps scamper across the wooden panes
Hopping from one foot to the other now as the mist settled along the rim of my toes
I scuttled across the cold surface towards my bottle green swing hanging from the lowest branch
Its subtle yet beautiful interior gleamed in the early morning sun
The comfortable seat,
The silver chains that it hung from,
The old bay leaf tree branch it was hanging on,
The drawings chalked on to its trunk,
Pea green vines along the wall,
Shimmering with dew drops,
Grow constantly through summer,
And blossom in the spring
The freshly pruned ferns blossoming in the early morning
The glowing bluebells twinkling at dusk
The vain, self-absorbed tulips admiring themselves in the night time puddles
The drenched oak panes, likely to give you splinters
And the dusty white pebbles scattered all around
The large plasticy leaves of bottle green
The bamboo branches lining the walls
The stroppy neighbour secretly trying to execute our leaves because ‘they are blocking her view!’
The businesses on both sides
The grim grave tablet sitting on the back wall in memory of Brindy the dog
The barbeque for those long summer days when the scent of sausages fills the air
The large bush that is infested with greenflies all summer round
The chilled stones between my toes
The soggy wood coating my feet with water
The bristly leaves brushing against my arms
The soft combed hair covering my cats
The juicy soil imbedded in my fingers.
MEMORIES OF THOSE LONG SUNNY DAYS,
A WARM BREEZE FLOWING THROUGH YOUR HAIR
THE HOSE RUNNING WILD AS A WATER FIGHT DOMINATES THE GARDEN
RUNNING AROUND IN JUST OUR SWIMMING COSTUMES
AS THE SUN SETS WE BRIBE THE CATS BACK IN BY RATTLING THEIR FOOD AND WALKING UPSTAIRS.
MY GARDEN TRULY IS…
THE BEST PLACE EVER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment