Pages

Friday 1 April 2011

Felixstowe by Abigail

My Special Place

Felixstowe is a tranquil town in Suffolk on the East Anglian coast. It is small but select. My grandparents live 15 minutes away from the town at 105 Colonies Rd. Its community is well known and everybody knows each other. It has some nice walks especially the one along the sea garden; you can smell the salty sea air and feel the wind brushing past your hair. It’s just magical.
The reason I picked Felixstowe for my special place is because I can call it home. There is always someone waiting to give you a warm, loving hug and fetch you something to eat. They say “East, West home is best,” I can honestly say this is true, even though home might not technically be home.
I can remember those endless days, bronzing in the sun with nothing to be heard but the rolling waves, gently lapping on the sea shore and the distant sound of the seagulls screeching. When the heat was too much, we would stroll down to the sea and splash about on the gentle waves. On the days that we didn’t go to the beach we had spontaneous water fights, ambushing one another when the others had their guard down. I will always remember.
Most of my parent’s family live in welcoming houses. There is always space for one more even if that one is my brother and he is very smelly. When we stay with my Grandma and Grandad we always get to stay up late and drink hot chocolate with squirty cream and mini marshmallows. There are 3 bedrooms my parent’s room, my grandparent’s room, and me and my sister’s room. The biggest room is my parent’s bedroom and their bed is by far the comfiest. It is so soft and the eiderdown is white with flowers on it. They have a lovely view of their garden and when you feel you need to calm down you can always stare at the running miniature waterfall and listen to the water gushing around slowly creeping down to the pond.
Every morning (when I stay there), I wake up and creep downstairs to lounge on the sofa and watch the T.V. I would clatter downstairs, but it is normally 7.00 am so my parents are asleep and I know I would suffer if I accidentally wake them. When my parents do eventually get up my dad usually goes on his laptop and my mum usually makes us breakfast. After that my mum rings my aunty to see if she wants to meet up with us sometime that day. I love it when they do because they bring my little cousin, Oceana, who is 5 years old. We have a lot of fun.
 My favourite part of my routine is strolling along the promenade on a stormy day with the waves crashing on the wooden breakwaters. Other days the waves lap silently on the bed of sand. After our walk we usually wander up to the town and do some shopping normally I grab a bargain at New Look or Select. Then we got to Bakers Oven which is now Gregg’s and order yummy food then we go home and play odd games which sometimes get really competitive.
Felixstowe is a place very close to my heart and whenever I feel sad I think of my memories form Felixstowe and it will make me smile.
By Abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment