Pages

Friday 1 April 2011

The Glennelg House by Daisy

Daisy – My Special Place
The Glennelg House.
How to get there
The Glennelg House is hidden amongst the hills of the scene. To get there we have to pass the seven sister mountains. The house is situated on top of a large mountain which we have to slowly drive up a meandering road till we found the landmark which gave us pleasure. As we got higher into the mist of the night we could see the blur of the beach which contrasted the bright gaze of the moon like sugar and lemon. Above us the moon shone a bright light which was a pale as a wax candle. The second landmark we came to was the long stretch of farm land behind our house. It was fenced with a clod grey wire in the shape of a dirty prison cell. It would have been a bad place for me to see the farm land locked up and being treated like a place of death if I wouldn’t have always been welcomed by a two merry pigs which snorted like it was just the beginning of their world. They were surrounded by hay a grass which looked like it had been physically bleached by human teeth whitening. All these things may sound annoying but they were what made this place so special to me.
The house
The Glennelg house in the inside is what pleasures me most. As one walks in there is a welcoming door mat which reads ‘Welcome home!’ That door mat always makes me feel like I am in the right place at the right time and that I feel really and truly at home. The house inside is a mahogany wood colour with wooden tables and chairs looking like they were designed with wood worm holes in them. All the chairs were lined with a red and white polka dot cover on the seat so that it was more comfortable to sit on. On the table there would always be a bowl of fruit. These fruit were a little bit different from the kind of ordinary fruit you would find in a supermarket because these pieces of fruit were always quite a bit smaller than usual. When we left the house there would always be a vast quantity of large pieces of fruit in the bowl which was always how all the other visitors knew that we had come before. Another luxury element we had in the kitchen was the flaming fire that burned though all the night and kept us warm and comfortable. The fire place usually needed little or no tending to, to keep flaming like a beast roaring but for nothing but delight for someone tending to it once in a while. And we took that job as a pleasure, as a gift and as a reward, unlike the other jobs in the kitchen that were essential. By this I mean the dishwasher and so that is when I will move on to a different room!
The bedrooms
There are four bedrooms in the Glennelg house. The two upstairs are the ones my sister and I sleep in. One has two beds and another has just one. I usually sleep in the smaller one because of the beautiful view it contains. I can see the big space of farmland which stretches out behind our house. But beyond that there is the view of the sea and far far out I can see the little tips of the castle and the flags. It is an old rusty castle on the outside but it still has that sense of grandness to it. Like its era hasn’t ended but that it has only just began. I have visited the castle one and inside it is like an old fashioned wax museum! There are many wax models inside of different people in the different rooms. Such as in the kitchen there are models of slaves, maids and butlers and all the different types of food they would make for the master of the castle. In the dining room there is a very neatly set table which was laid but obviously used as the wine glasses had a tint of red wine in them and the napkins we crumpled and used.
The mountains
When we go to our house in Glennelg we always climb one Monroe, but as I am I can never seem to remember the names of all the ones we have climbed. One thing I am fortunate to remember is that we have climbed three. The last time we went we climbed the biggest one so far. It took us three hours but we didn’t climb to the top. From the highest point we got to the view was amazing and I could see the whole village!
The aroma
I smell green, the natural air and the natural feel or the cold wind and the soft air. That includes cow pat. Lots of it. Sometimes it isn’t that appealing but I think I’ve grown to love it. But not the chose of smell I would really like to have around me all the time. But I guess that it is so unusual and that is why my place is so special to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment