Pages

Friday 1 April 2011

The Living Room by Eden

My special place
     The Living Room                      by Eden
           
Memories
 I have only been in this house for about 2 years but I have some heart warming memories here too. When we first moved in I remember how lost I felt not knowing where I was ,going into the living room made the house go back down to scale and I felt normal. My mum did up the living room first so when we moved in there would be one cosy room where the whole family could relax. Christmas is normally spent mostly here, where we would open presents and watch my family smile as they opened the presents I have brought and made them. The living room is really what it says in the name. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . A place for living!

Colours
The colours in this room are mainly red white and blue, most of the cushions and sofas are designed by my mum because that is her main job, an upholsterer. The comfy sofa is white and red and has an array of white and red cushions. The main cushion-on the comfy sofa is white and has a union jack flag on the fount of it and it lives by an arm of the sofa. Another sofa is a deep green and is larger than the other sofa; it has a long blood red cushion with weird small patterns on it that you have to look very hard at to even see them. There are various other cushions splashed here and there. My favourite colours in this room are either the deep red and green velvet cushions that lay elegantly on two matching chairs that are either side of the fire place. The other colours in this room that I love are the glass bookshelves that hold sea blue and bright pink a-z‘s and dictionary’s!
Smells
The house normally has an aroma of lavender or rose from my mum’s scented candles that she lights every night so the smell is lingering round the house in the morning. If my mum is cooking a roast on Sunday then the smell creeps up to the living room and you instantly know you’re at home. It is  a relaxing feel to the house that these array of smells give me. I hope to hold on to them forever.
Who is it for?
This room is for my family so share laughter, joy and happiness and where if we have any worries then we put them aside .My brother ,sister ,mum and I all appreciate this room and share so many memories that we just don’t want to let go ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
It is for every one to come together and to share great times, if we invite people round then this is where it is based.
Thoughts
When in this room I think of all the great times I have here, all the fun and sad times we have shared. the colours and smells really make this room my special place, I don’t think any other house will have the smell feel to it but really I think you can really see what families are like through the living room.
This is my special place
                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment