Pages

Friday 1 April 2011

The Kitchen by Aisha

MY SPECIAL PLACE
M y heart is filled with joy as I open the front door and smell the aroma of baked beans or even fish and chips (my favourite)
You can always feel safe in the kitchen 

Smacking my lips as I take the first bite out of the fish and chips smothered in ketchup
Preoccupied in my food and the lovely smell of fresh fish
Everyday there is something new to unveil in the kitchen
Captivated by the strong flavour of food in my mouth
I can hear my mum singing to JLS on the radio
At the end of the day the thing that counts is what’s in your belly
Licking the ketchup off my fingers in awe

Places to be new sights to see
Lovely food in my tummy
Among the hustle and bustle of my noisy family
Chairs being scraped back
Eat and eat in the kitchen because that’s my special place!

I chose to do an acrostic poem because it’s more clear and interesting and because I like acrostic poems. I think that poems still are descriptive even though they are written in short sentences. Despite the reason that they are short and simple they still capture the essence of a place and catch the reader’s attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment