Pages

Friday 1 April 2011

My Living Room by Irisi

My special place is my living room.
When I think about the memories that drift into my mind, my heart falls asleep and drifts off to Pixie land. One of my favourite memories is when I and my family are full after a tremendous dinner, because we would snuggle up on the sofa, we would hug each other and we would watch movies, funny or sad, together. There are so many memories that I have had, so many, that in fact, I can’t remember them all.
The smells that have drifted into my nose make me relaxed and calm. I have smelt the gorgeous scent of my mother’s cooking laid on the table, the aroma of scented candles, and my favourite one, the freshener that let out Madagascan Vanilla that excite my nostrils. It probably won’t excite you that much, but if you come to my house, you WILL get excited, believe me.
The sights that excite my eyes are the photos of me and my family embracing life together. There are photos of me and my family at Regents Park, having a picnic together, then later on we would take photos of us on the boat, sailing down the river, enjoying the view. Photos of me as a new-born baby, with a little white hat on my head. Photos of my birthday celebrated with a party and a big cake. Photos of all of my family celebrating Christmas and New Year with presents and the presence of each other.
The sounds that have vibrated against my gentle ear are the marvellous, joyous “sounds of laughter and the ‘Clink’ of the glasses after a toast has been raised. The sound of laughter, as we hear the jokes from the Christmas crackers, the sound of the forks being tapped against the plates as everybody east the glorious food. And during the meal, he who dares to have the pleasure, raises his glass, and proposes a toast wishing us “The best start to the New Year” or “ Merry Christmas everyone!” and then I have the delight to hear the ‘Clink’ of the glasses.

I have tasted lots of food around the world, but I wouldn’t even consider comparing them to my mum’s cooking in which I have eaten in the comfort of my own home. Tastes of freshly baked cakes with sugar icing on top, the delicious smell of curry, “crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside” turkey, delicious Russian salad, meats and my favourite, the one that is eaten last of all at Christmas, I give you… the creamiest tiramisu ever eaten, made by my dad.

I would usually put celebrations under memories, but they are so special to me, I feel like they should have their own paragraph in this writing. I can’t even remember the first time me and my family have not celebrated a celebration, no matter how important, in our living room, together. For example, my mothers birthday. The day before, we would go to the flower shop and select a beautiful selection of flowers, then hide them in the car with a pack of profiteroles, then really early in the morning, when my mum is asleep, my dad would sneak out to his car, get the flowers and profiteroles, and place them on the table with my card, oh did I forget to tell you about the card? I and my dad would usually order a card from Moonpig.com. Then, before she would wake up, I would tell her to lie in bed and I would secretly, make her a cup of coffee and bring it to her in bed. Then she would get up blindfolded (by me) and when she opened her eyes, she would see our gifts.  Oh such happy celebrations!

It may seem to you so strange that I would create a paragraph about the way we made it, but to me, a special place begins by choosing the colours together then painting and building it together. So first, we went to B&Q and chose the colours that we wanted, cappuccino brown, and light brown. Then we went home and started to paint it. It was so much fun; we dabbed each other with paint and had the best of fun. Then we went to IKEA and bought the furniture, a couch, a TV, a coffee table and places to put our C-D’s and etc.

I mean, can anybody resist all this?
Can YOU resist all this?

No comments:

Post a Comment