Pages

Friday 1 April 2011

Noke by Silva

My Special Place…  Silva
St Giles Church in Noke

My special place is my Gran’s house, which I find myself going to when I want to get away from London, which is very busy. She lives in a big house which is in a little village called Noke: in the countryside of Oxford. My Gran has lived there for many years and it is a big part of my life….

The house is an old, red, brick house with flowers and plants surrounding it. The green grass is always perfectly cut and neatly ``trimmed, which the daisies penetrate up and out of . There is a gate at the bottom of her driveway which has the words” Quarry house” engraved onto it and ivy climbs the gate.

Inside the house there is a conservatory. It is probably the brightest room in the house, as the windows let the sunlight beam through. From the conservatory you can see the garden and the birds as they swoop down and take some bread which has been left for them. I sit there and usually fall asleep listening to the loud but pleasurable sound of birds singing.

I am always eager to get out into the garden. It holds so many memories. I remember when I was younger riding my Grans dog like some sort of horse. Thinking this was one of the things that life was worth living for. She has an abundance of apple trees which I climb up and swing off of the branches.

Usually in the Summer when we go and stay down at my Gran’s house we go to a ‘pick your own farm.’ (where you go and pick different types of fruit and veg.) It is not that far from the house. I love doing it and find myself sneakily eating lots of strawberries as I go along!  When we go home, my Gran makes a crumble. I go out into her garden and pick some cooking apples and damsons.  

 I find it a real joy going to my Gran’s house. I go very often and I am going to keep going there…

J

No comments:

Post a Comment